Letter of Commitment
Having read, understood, and accepted the Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association Bylaws, Policies, Mission, Vision, and Values Statements, I shall commit to sit on the Students’ Association Board in the capacity of volunteer position as a Board Member for the duration of my term. I will uphold the duties and responsibilities assigned and adhere to the decisions of the Students’ Association Board. I will uphold and be accountable to the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association. As a student first, being on the Board, I understand that my actions can affect my standing as a student or my Board position, and I will allow my personal information to be disclosed to the Association by the College.
I will voluntarily disclose any information about my past, present, and current activities that may negatively affect the Association, including any Civil or Criminal charges and convictions as decided by or currently in a court of law, occurring within the past three (3) years.
Without limitation, I provide the Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association permission to access the following information directly from Red River College Polytechnic to verify my eligibility as a board member:
• Registration in courses at Red River College Polytechnic.
• Inquire into attendance records at Red River College Polytechnic.
• Current grade/marks in the courses/tests at Red River College Polytechnic.
• Proof of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
• Any disciplinary, appeal, behavioral contracts, or security issues I am a part of.
By signing this agreement, I accept and shall adhere to the following responsibilities as a Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association Board Member.
• I shall act honestly and in good faith with the best interests of Red River College Polytechnic students in mind;
• In representing the students of Red River College Polytechnic, I shall always consider the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association;
• I shall thoroughly read the necessary documentation for all meetings to ensure I am prepared;
• I shall adhere to the bylaws and policies of the Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association;
• I shall keep any privileged information confidential;
• I shall make myself visible and available to the student body of Red River College Polytechnic, which includes allowing the Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association to put my photo and name on Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association media;
• I understand that if I am absent from more than two Students’ Association Board meetings, my status as a Students’ Association Board Member shall be placed under review by the Governance and Internal Review Committee up to and including being released as a board member;
• I understand that if I am absent from a Students’ Association Board or Committee meeting, it is my duty and responsibility to provide a proxy in my absence to the board chair and President in written format.
• I shall sit on and attend meetings of at least one mandatory Students’ Association sub-committee
• I understand that it is my responsibility to notify the Students’ Association President of any changes to my contact information, student status, and any circumstances that might affect my ability to hold a position on the board and represent students;
• I shall report questions and concerns of students to the Students’ Association Board and Executive Committee;
• I shall share information on events, activities, etc. with the student body;
• I shall attend the Red River College Polytechnic Students’ Association Annual General Meeting, including any subsequent Special Member Meetings;
• I shall exorcize the right and responsibility to vote on all matters at Students’ Association Board meetings;
• I shall complete all the requested training or courses as communicated to me;
• I shall be respectful to all board members or guests and maintain a level of professionalism at all times;
• I shall commit to attending and working on a minimum of one board committee;
• I shall exercise my powers with care, diligence, and skill that a reasonable and prudent person would exercise in comparable situations;
• If I am unable to fulfill my duties, I shall promptly submit my written resignation to the Chair of the Students’ Association Board;
• I shall remain a Student Member of Red River College Polytechnic in good standing during the academic calendar year.
• I shall place the needs of Red River College Polytechnic students above my own and shall not use my leverage as a Students’ Association Board Member to put forth my own personal agenda;