Our Student Foodbank is available for all RRC polytech students in need.
The Students’ Association is a non-profit organization, not a charitable organization and therefore cannot provide a Charitable Tax Receipt for donations.
Student process to register for a Food Bank Hamper
Contact Harvest Manitoba Food Support Assistance Line
In Winnipeg: 204-982-3671 – New (first time signing up) to Harvest Manitoba
204-982-3660 – Returning or Re-booking (already in the system)
Harvest Manitoba Call Centre Hours: Monday to Friday: 9:15 am to 3:15 pm
Saturday: 9:15 am to 12:15 pm
- Provide your Manitoba Health card to Harvest Manitoba if you have one.
- International students can use their RRC Polytech Student ID card as identification.
- The Harvest Manitoba team will review your needs and arrange for your food hamper to be distributed and sent to the campus you request.
- Select a pick-up location.
- Pick-up locations at RRC Polytech can either be Notre Dame Campus or Downtown Exchange District campus. Pick whatever campus you prefer.
- Students can also choose to pick-up their food hamper at any food bank location in the city, not just at RRC Polytech.
Attend Your Appointment – Pick up your food hamper
- Bring your Manitoba Health Card or RRC Polytech Student ID card when you come to pick up your hamper.
- Bring some bags or boxes to carry your food hamper. You will get 2-3 bags/boxes of food.
- Food Hamper pick-up at RRC Polytech is between 2:00pm & 4:00pm, every 4 weeks.
- NDC – Pick-up Fridays in the food bank trailer (N/W student parking lot)
- EDC – pick-up Wednesdays in room WB14
- Any other food bank you chose – contact them directly
Re-book for next time with Harvest Manitoba – 204-982-3660
- Students must phone and re-book every time they want to receive a hamper.
- You can only re-book after 2 weeks from when you receive your last hamper.
- Harvest Manitoba hampers are provided every 4 weeks.
- Find the campus hamper pick-up schedule on our website HERE
- Currently, Harvest Manitoba is unable to provide gluten-free options, or extras like pet food, diapers, or feminine hygiene products.
- They cannot guarantee a strict vegetarian hamper.
- Milk and baby kits with food and formula are available for families.
- No summer food bank pick-ups available on RRC Polytech campus
The Students’ Association works with Harvest Manitoba to provide food hampers for students in need. We provide hamper pick-up locations at the Notre Dame Campus (Friday 2-4pm pick-up) and Exchange District Campus (Wednesday 2-4pm pick-up).
Student Foodbank Pick-up dates are as follows:
Notre Dame Campus (Fridays) 2-4pm
- September 17
- October 15
- November 19
- January 14
- February 18
- March 18
Exchange District Campus (Wednesdays) 2-4pm
- September 15
- October 13
- November 17
- January 12
- February 16
- March 16
- April 13