Registration: After registering you will receive a zoom link to join. If you require a kit with ingredients, be sure to register by February 28 so you can pick up the kit on Monday March 1. For this event, kits can only be picked up at the Notre Dame Campus. You may also simply pick up the ingredients at your local grocery store.
About the instructor: Abby Legaspi is a Nutrition graduate from the University of Manitoba with 10 years’ experience running cooking programs for different non-profit and grass roots organizations. She now works at Norwest Coop Community Food Centre and is passionate about almost everything related to food, from gardening to cooking. Abby sees food as a means to connect people while recognizing that food insecurity can be experienced by so many. As an advocate for good food, it is Abby’s hope that one day, everyone will be food secure.
- 2 pieces skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated or fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 1/2 small head of red cabbage, thinly sliced or grated
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonal (optional)
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1/2 piece red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, white or black, toasted
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
If you registered for an ingredient kit, pickups are in CM-20 between 9 AM and 3 PM, Wednesday, March 3.